Tuesday, April 15, 2014

June 2013

For Easter, the girls got a sandbox.  My plan was to make the back yard entirely kid safe so they could go outside to play alone.  The plan also involved a chalkboard and some new planters but those took a little longer.  Thanks to Pinterest, we finally finished the chalkboard.  Thumbs up!


Ruby "graduated" from Footsteps in June.  It is such an amazing place.  I'm so thankful we (haha...I) decided to enroll her there at the last minute.   It was one of the best parenting decisions to date.  The teachers are amazing.  The community is strong.  Ruby went on to Kindergarten with at least 10 kids she already knew.  We made family friends that I can see being lifelong.  Thank goodness we get to send Ella to Footsteps next year too!


Butterfly teacher sandwich.  Love!


All you can eat ice cream sundaes!


The kids all made a life-size cut out of themselves to decorate for the event.  You can see them in the background of the pictures above.  If you look closely, you can also see that Ruby's person is actually Norah.  No surprise there =)


Ruby picked Applewood for her celebration dinner.  She is a pizza snob and loves Applewood.  She had no idea it was actually a restaurant.  Mind blown!



Another year, another DAD photo collage.  Ella wasn't happy about sharing the A.


My annual girls trip was to Taos, New Mexico this year.  It was my first time in Taos.  It's beautiful.  Even the long drive from Albuquerque to Taos is fun with these girls.  Thanks to the B family for letting us use their amazing house.  Now to get all six girls on a trip.


While I was gone, Ruby and Ella hung out with the family while Adam was working.  Ruby had a sleepover with Auntie and Uncle Kevin.  They are loads of fun.





While I was gone, Ruby also started summer camp at Peninsula School.  I feel pretty lame enrolling her in summer camp since I don't work.  But, Ella has to nap and Ruby's favorite thing in the world is being with kids.  Peninsula School is within walking distance from our house, is a half day program and has a flexible start time (no alarm needed).  Perfect!


Peninsula School is pretty crunchy.  When I read reviews about it, everyone said the kids didn't have to wear shoes.  I didn't really know what Ruby was doing every day but I did know she didn't have to wear shoes.  She came home covered in dirt and loved it.  Perfect summer camp.


The weather was crazy hot.  One weekend they were predicting temperatures around 100 degrees so Adam decided we should take a road trip to the San Luis Obispo.  Adam and I have done the trip a ton of times but it was the first time with both girls.  First stop, In 'N Out burger for dinner.


Thanks to Apple, traveling is relatively easy.


Beach number one and two happy girls.



The beach was breezy and beautiful.  Inland was disgustingly hot.  We went to a park and it was ridiculous so we bribed the girls with a trip to a toy store before dinner.  A race car and a unicorn joined us for dinner at Woodstock's Pizza.  



Beach number two and two even happier girls.





Swings on the beach.  Life doesn't get much better.


We also swam and played around our hotel.  Ella loved the water wheel and talked about it for months.  She also hit her nose on the pool stairs which we heard about for just as long. 


On the way home, we stopped in Gilroy for dinner.  Other than the outlets, I've never been to Gilroy.  Talk about hot.  We stopped because I read a review for Old City Hall Restaurant.  It was actually delicious food...the best we had all weekend.  The waitress was really kind and knew exactly how to keep the kids happy.  And, there was an old jail cell in the bathroom.


Two down, nine to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment