Monday, August 10, 2009

Tahoe

We're back from Auntie's wedding in Tahoe. It was a perfect weekend - the wedding was fantastic, Caitlin looked beautiful, Kevin made us cry, we spent a ton of time with family and friends and Ruby could not have handled it better. I didn't carry my camera during the actual wedding or reception but here are some highlights from Ruby's trip:

Ruby made two new BFFs at our rental house. She spent a lot of her day going back and forth between the bear with a necktie and the Native American with amazing abs and pecs. Every time she saw them it was as if she bumped into an old friend after 20 years. If I had to pick, I'd say she loved the bear the most. She even showed him her favorite book.

Most of the Tahoe rentals I've been in have very random decorations. This house was no different. Ruby really liked the moose on the living room wall, the spooky doll collection beside the staircase and the ice cream maker by the fire place. Too bad it didn't work since I'm eating treats again.

At brunch on Sunday, Ruby enjoyed playing ball with two little girls, sticking her hands in the ice bucket and climbing on a red deck chair. After chasing her around non baby proofed houses for five days, we were just happy there were no stairs and she couldn't fall off the balcony.

Traveling and "weddinging" with a one year is totally different than without (understatement of the year) but thanks to grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles, I got to do all the sister of the bride activities and Adam got to take care of the music. A special thanks to Grandpa Stone who made a last minute trip to Tahoe to put Ruby to bed on Saturday night. Thanks to him, we didn't have to miss a minute of the night. Thanks Tom!

Edit - I realized that our second special thanks goes to Grandpa Gary. He says he "doesn't do babies" but he clearly loves Ruby. He drove Grandpa Stone's car back to the house and helped him put Ruby to bed. He showed Grandpa Stone the room, the pajamas, the diapers, the blanket, etc. and Grandpa Stone did the rest. Thanks Gary!

No comments:

Post a Comment