Friday, November 30, 2012

November

Hello?  Remember me?  I used to blog about my kids.  Sure, I'd always fall behind when school started but I'd keep a draft list and eventually power through 27 posts in the same night.  Add a second kid and a great school year and it's just not happening.  I'm too OCD to skip five months so here's my attempt at catching up.

Disneyland - After surprising Ruby with her Disneyland gift card, the two of us hopped on a plane the following morning for surprise part 2 - the GVZs!  My original plan was to take the first flight down, spend the day at the park and take the last flight home.  Adam insisted that we get a room for the night to avoid a teary goodbye while the girls were awake and thinking clearly.  Thank goodness he did.  It took a little extra time to check into the hotel but it truly made the visit better.  After dropping off our bags at the room, Ruby and I headed to the carousel to "pick up some special tickets" that Adam left for us.  Ruby wasn't convinced she wanted the special tickets since we had to rush through the castle to get there but after this, she was fine:


The rest of the day was magical.  The girls were attached at the hip, J and I got to chat over their heads and the night ended with a gluten free dessert and a bottle of wine.







Ruby and I didn't leave until the following afternoon.  We didn't go back to the park but we did swim, shop and eat.  Thanks to Grandma and Adam for keeping Ella at home.  It was really special to see our best buddies and spend a special day together.





Footsie - Ruby got to bring home her class mascot, Footsie, for the weekend.  It poured rain the entire weekend so Footsie spent a lot of time in the house.  Ruby (and Ella) loved their time with Footsie anyway.










Thanksgiving - We had another fantastic Thanksgiving with family, friends and food.  The only picture I have of the day is the Thanksturkey Ruby colored in the morning.  Woops!


No comments:

Post a Comment